From Friday 10 February in Monterosa Ski ski ski mountaineering is practiced at night safely.
Every Friday, in Gressoney Valley, you can walk with skins the slopes from Stafal to Colle Bettaforca, combining the activity with an aperitif or a dinner at high altitude thanks to the collaboration of restaurants Jutz, Sitten and Ristoro Colle Betta will remain open in the evening.
The trails available for night skiing are 2:
- from Stafal to Sant'Anna, along the B6 Delle Marmotte slope, with a development of 2,300 metres and a positive drop of 350 metres;
- from Sant'Anna to Colle Betta, along the Colle Betta ascent route, with a development of 3,100 metres and a positive drop of 550 metres.
It is also available, at a cost of € 5.00, the transport service with the cable car Stafal-Sant'Anna from 17.00 to 22.00, with runs every 30 minutes. The last cable car ride is at 22.15.
The descent is possible along the slopes Pistone Betta, Delle Marmotte and, to follow, Diretta Stafal.
The last descent from Colle Betta is at 22.00 and is followed by secular pisteur of Monterosa Ski.
Some useful recommendations to enjoy this truly exclusive experience:
- clothing suitable for harsh climates
- wear a helmet
- wear a headlamp, which must always be lit, both uphill and downhill
- mobile phone always on
- use only the planned routes
- to behave responsibly
- moderate the downhill speed
- pay particular attention to the Delle Marmotte section of the slope, which can be covered both uphill and downhill
- only ski touring equipment (no snowshoes, crampons or other)
In case of emergency it is possible to contact the Director of the Slopes to the number 0039/348/5111534 or the manager of the means battipista to the number 0039/347/2967841